Imagine you have an important meeting in front of a large audience or you just have to go on a date that you can’t miss and you have a hoarse voice? That can be a real problem. Luckily, in this article, we’re going to present you some of the best home remedies that can help you eliminate hoarseness quickly and effectively!
The most common cause for the appearance of hoarseness is using your vocal cords too much. You may have cheered too much for your basketball team or you sang at a karaoke bar. You immediately notice a hoarse voice in the morning.
This condition can also appear because of an infection of your upper respiratory tract like laryngitis, cold, flu or cough. You can also obtain it because of an allergy attack.
Hoarseness can also appear because of GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) or acid reflux since the acids which escape your stomach make your vocal cords inflamed and or irritated. In case you like to drink a lot of alcohol or you smoke too much, your voice is probably hoarse constantly.
In many difficult cases, hoarseness can appear because of some serious medical condition: polyps in the vocal cords, thyroid problems or throat cancer. In case your voice is hoarse, but you also have other symptoms, this can be the main reason behind it.
In case it’s not something of the latest mentioned health conditions, you shouldn’t worry as your hoarseness will probably disappear in 7 days! The homemade remedies we’re about to present you will accelerate the complete process and your throat will be soothed immediately.
Here are some of the best against hoarseness:
- Drink ginger tea. Ginger tea taken regularly can help you improve the hoarseness very soon. Just be careful so that the tea isn’t very hot. You can also add some honey or lemon juice to taste.
- Consume honey. Honey is an amazing natural remedy. Just take it regularly. It’s full of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which can help you against a hoarse voice.
- Use apple cider vinegar. Combine 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar which is organic and unfiltered. Take it at night and in the morning, but use a straw and you’ll protect your teeth enamel from erosion.
- Gargle with salt water. Take a glass of lukewarm water and combine it with 1 teaspoon of rock salt. Use it to gargle. The mixture is full of antimicrobial and soothing properties. Use it 3 times a day and you’ll recover very fast.
- Cayenne pepper with lemon juice. Prepare a lukewarm glass of lemon juice. Put ¼ of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Leave it to dissolve. Then, take small sips and you’ll soon notice that you’ll feel much better.
- Put garlic in your mouth. Take a garlic clove. Peel it and then, cut it in a half. Put the halves on your molars. Bite them and let the juice go down into your throat. You can also gargle with a solution of some lukewarm water and the oil from a garlic capsule.
- Consume slippery elm tea. Try to find slippery elm powder in the nearest health food store. Take a cup of hot water and dissolve 2 teaspoons of this powder. Leave it to cool down and become lukewarm. Then, consume it. Hoarseness and sore throat will disappear soon.
Article and image source: http://www.healthybuilderz.com