Poor lifestyle choices can cause the appearance of uric acid crystallization in your joints. If you don’t treat it, gout will definitely appear and this condition is extremely painful.
This condition is characterized by stiffness, swelling and immense pain in the joints.
The main cause is the overload of uric acid because waste isn’t removed efficiently or it is produced too much.
Purine breakdown is the one that creates uric acid. Purines are actually a kind of chemicals which can be found in many foods, but they also appear in your body naturally.
In case your kidneys can’t eliminate the uric acid from your body, the formations which resemble crystals will be gathered on your joints.
These Are Some Ways That Will Help You Decrease Uric Acid:
It is very important to make some lifestyle and dietary changes. Start eating lots of fruits and vegetables, lean meat, whole grains, seafood, unprocessed grains etc.
Avoid foods which contain alcohol, processed sugars like for example corn syrup as well as foods that are full of saturated fats.
Your body needs to be hydrated with plenty of water, natural juices without you adding sugar, fruit infused water, herbal teas that you can sweeten with some honey etc.
Stress must be managed. Take a walk or meditate!
3 Natural Remedies That Will Decrease the Symptoms of Gout:
- The first remedy is baking soda. Combine a glass of water with ½ a teaspoon of baking soda every day. Uric acid crystallization won’t form in your body and you’ll decrease the risk of gout. In case you have gout at the moment, take 1 teaspoon of baking soda combined in a glass of water every day.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar with 8 oz. of water before having lunch or dinner every day. Apple cider vinegar can help you increase the alkalinity in your body. It’s full of malic acid that will remove uric acid from your body easily.
- The third remedy is lemon water. This amazingly delicious water will increase your body’s alkalinity and help you prevent the appearance of uric acid crystallization. Use 8 oz. of lukewarm water combined with the juice of ½ a lemon. Use this infusion every morning before you have breakfast.
Consume These Foods Every Day To Treat Gout:
- According to a research from the Lanzhou Medical College anthocyanidins, proanthocyanidins and polyphenols found in berries, grapes and cherries are abundant in some very powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
- Numerous studies prove that the bromelain that pineapples contain is full of anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties.
- Curcumin, which is the main active ingredient of turmeric, can improve the health of your kidneys and is full of very strong anti-inflammatory properties.
- According to a laboratory test from the Federal Fluminense University, flaxseed is abundant in medical properties that can decrease uric acid crystallization.
- Other researches managed to prove that almost 15 flavonoids can decrease uric acid in the body with the help of several mechanisms. 2 of them are kaempferol and quercetin that can be found in parsley. Parsley is also full of apigenin that can help you inhibit the xanthine oxidase enzyme which transforms purines into uric acid.
- Devil’s Claw extract is abundant in anti-inflammatory properties according to researches from the University Hospital of Zurich, Switzerland.
Other Important Tips:
- Look for a specialist in case you suspect you have gout.
- In case you have this condition, rest well and use Epsom salt baths 3 times a week. They will alleviate your pain and decrease the inflammation.
- You can also use cold or hot compresses to eliminate the pain or decrease the swelling. Use them in alternating sessions on 15 minutes each for several hours.
Get more home remedies in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Article and image source: http://dailyhealthkeeper.com