Not many people know about the amazing health benefits of the Siberian ginseng which is quite unfortunate as the plant has incredible energy boosting properties. But we believe that it’s about time that people get familiarized with this plant and how it can be used to promote our overall health.
Siberian ginseng is commonly used by Russian cosmonauts and athletes to increase their strength, improve their balance and stamina as well and it became increasingly popular since the 50ties after a Russian scientist discovered it to be an excellent stress reducer.
What is Siberian Ginseng?
Siberian ginseng is not actually ginseng, it’s a plant that belongs to the Eleutherococcus senticous group and is famous for its health benefits. It’s most commonly used in Russia, Japan and China and is made of the dried roots of the plant. Siberian ginseng contain the active ingredients called eleutherosides which are amazing immune system boosters. This plant is also rich in vitamin B6 and A and zinc. The Chinese have used this healing plant for centuries as a preventative measure against the common cold and the flu, improve their memory and boost energy.
In October 2009 the journal Chinese Medicine published a research which revealed that Siberian ginseng can reduce chronic fatigue and increase the physical performance in an animal study. Moreover, the subject animals showed an increased stress resistance and it was shown that the herb can improve almost every aspect of the human performance if used regularly. Thanks to its adaptogenic properties the herb is effective in improving our general resistance to stress.
These properties of Siberian ginseng are what makes the plant so health beneficial and effective in the treatment of a number of health conditions. These properties also make the plant effective in improving our body’s oxygen use, mental acuity and stimulating T-cells production which affects our immune defenses positively. It also improves the cellular energy production and stimulates the fresh oxygen flow to our major organs, enhancing our body’s overall circulatory patterns. If we add Siberian ginseng extract to our regular diet we’ll benefit from its properties greatly, our endurance, mental alertness and stamina will increase significantly.
Siberian Ginseng and its Health Benefits
- Lowers high blood pressure
- Relieves menstrual disorders and menopause symptoms
- Helps your liver detox
- Strengthens your respiratory system
- Speeds up recovery time in herpes simplex type 2 as well as its severity and frequency
- Fights free radicals damage
- Protects you from the common cold and the flu
- Lowers high cholesterol levels and high blood sugar levels
- Prevents abnormal clotting
- Promotes uterus function and prevents infertility
- Improves mental clarity
- Resolves low testosterone levels in men
- Improves your circulation, oxygen distribution and nutrient absorption
- Acts as an adaptogenic agent
- Prevents inflammation
- Improves memory and concentration
- Makes you more resistant to viral and bacterial infections
- Relieves fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue issues
- Fights insomnia
- Improves your physical performance
Supplementing with Siberian ginseng
According to nutritionists and health experts 500-3000mg of Siberian ginseng on a daily level should be enough to take advantage of its benefits and resolve the issues mentioned above. The herb is available as a tea, powder or in capsule form.
Article and image source: http://besthealthyguide.com